Monday, June 25, 2007

Introductions and Explanations

Well, I'm Dave.

How do you like me so far?

A little bit about me: I work at an art gallery in Columbus, Ohio. I'd like to think that we're one of the best galleries in town, 'cause we are. At night, I transform into a cartoonist, drawing comic books, cartoons, weird photoshop comics, anything that comes into my mind.

Here's my web-site that's in desperate need of an update. You'll find a sampling of stuff that I've done as well as a few other interesting things.

You're probably going to laugh a bit but I've just (re)enrolled in Joe Kuberts Penciling Course (there is a whole story behind that one) Yeah, it's a correspondence course but I really respect the people that run the class and they've had quite a successful history. I've hit a point in my work where I desperately need some professional feedback. I'm in this class for 6 months and my first project is due on August 1st. That's what this blog is for; following my path as a comic artist. We'll be on this ride until August 2008, that's when I'm headed to WizardWorld Chicago to show my portfolio to the big boys, Marvel and DC.

I've been at this "comic thing" for years and it's time to sh*t or get off the pot. I ain't gettin' any younger.

That's it for now. Next time I'll post some images and fill you in on my first project.

Smell ya later!
-Dave

No comments: